There’s so many places we want to go to when once we get all vaxxed up, but pretty high on the list is Disneyland’s new Avengers Campus. The attraction will open at Disney’s California Adventure on June 4 with several rides and restaurants inspired by the Marvel cinematic universe. Disney Parks just dropped a new preview of the campus which highlights the cast member costumes.
— Disney (@Disney) May 4, 2021
Cast members, aka Disneyland employees, model several different uniforms for each section of the park. Doctor Strange’s Ancient Sanctum has cast members dressed in robes inspired by the film. Employees at the Pym Test Kitchens are clad in lab coats, while Shawarma Palace servers rock the bold yellow aprons. The WEB Supplies cast members sport Spider-Man’s red and blue while the Terran Treats and Guardians of the Galaxy cast rock purple and yellow uniforms. And the cast at Avengers Headquarters are wearing black, white, and blue costumes.
The immersive park experience will include visitors being referred to as “recruits”, as well as immersive rides using state of the art technology, like WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Fans will be able to get photo ops with their favorite Avengers, train with the Dora Milaje, and more. What more can we say but … we want to go to there?
Some of the costumes for Avengers Campus!!! Those W.E.B. costumes 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/pjDS8mwN7F
— Sasaki Time (@SasakiTime) May 6, 2021
Honestly, we just want what any fan wants: to hoist a multi-colored $16 churro in the sky while yelling “Excelsior!” at passersby.
(via CBR, image: screencap/Disney Parks)
- David Tennant lends his voice to the animated adaptation of Terry Pratchett’s The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. (via io9)
- Legends of Tomorrow‘s Adam Tsekhman talks season 6 of the beloved series. (via Collider)
- Clubhouse is coming to Android, as if we needed another app to download. (via The Verge)
- Snakes in cosplay? Snakes in cosplay!
- Check out these reviews for Resident Evil Village. (via Polygon)
- Find someone to love you like Kate Winslet loves Wawa. (via Jezebel)
- Michael Turner’s Fathom No.1 cover will be sold as an NFT. (via THR)
- Michael Rianda, the director of the excellent Netflix animated film The Mitchells Vs. The Machines, gave a sweet shoutout to his mom/character inspiration for Linda Mitchell:
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) May 7, 2021
Happy Mothers Day to my mom- the REAL Linda Mitchell.
My mom is an amazing person who I’ll never be able to thank for everything she’s done for me+my siblings
She hasn’t killed robots for us- but i know she WOULD.
She’s harnessed that rage at school staff.
They were SHAKING. pic.twitter.com/wTknANJT12
— Michael Rianda (@michaelrianda) May 9, 2021
Happy Mother’s Day, Mary Suevians!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]