Halloween is fast approaching and if you don’t have the time or inclination to emulate Cady Heron in Mean Girls by dressing as a full-on zombie with an artificial, blood-stained eye strategically placed to hang out of its socket, the classic cat is a much more welcome option.
Slipping on head-to-toe lycra and sticking on a pair of pointy ears is an easy and purse-friendly option, but how do you make it appear that you put in a little more effort than you actually did?
While the classic cat is the Halloween go-to we can’t get enough of, this claw-some look is in desperate need of an update. And after a summer surrounded by animal prints, we’re feeling inspired. What could be better than leopard makeup?
Sound tricky? Fear not. We’ve teamed up with Boots to create a ferocious feline look, complete with leopard-print eyes ready for you to replicate at home. With our simple step-by-step instructions, you’ll be ready to prowl in a matter of minutes.
But first, let’s pounce on some products. You can shop the entire look at Boots:
- Use Rude Cosmetics Star Party Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow in Stellar, £10.50 all over the eyelids as a base.
- Then apply the gold shade from Beauty Bakerie Do It For The Graham Eyeshadow Palette, £36 all over the eyelids and up to the brow bones, as well as under the eyes.
- For definition, add Milani Pure Passion Eyeshadow Palette in Late Date, which is coming soon, to the outer corners of the eyes and wing out to a cat-eye shape. Also apply it to the eye creases.
- Now for the leopard spots. Take Lime Crime Diamond Dew in Chocolate Diamond, £18 and dot over the eyes in an upwards motion towards the eyebrows.
- For dimension, dot Lime Crime Diamond Dew in Starlight, £18 in the centre of each of the spots.
- Go around the outside of the spots with Beauty Bakerie Lollipop Liner, £17.
- Using the same eyeliner, line the top lashline out to a wing, and draw a line connecting the outer corner of the wing to the crease.
- To ramp up the drama, apply Eylure Texture 117 Lashes, £5.50 to the top lashline – meow!
Products ready? Click below to watch the full Glam Cat makeup tutorial.
Shop now on Boots.com for all things Halloween, including products you’ll need to recreate this fierce look for a spooktacular night. For more killer Halloween looks, visit the Halloween hub over at Boots.