France’s César Academy has unveiled its annual Revelations list showcasing 32 emerging acting talents making their mark in the French-speaking cinema world.
The 16 selected actresses include Suzy Bemba for her performance year in Catherine Corsini’s Homecoming. Bemba was also seen in Venice Golden Lion winner Poor Things this year.
The selection also features Rebecca Marder for Corsica-set thriller Grand Expectations; Garance Marillier, for bio-pic Marinette about French female soccer pioneer Marinette Pichon, and Park Ji-min for her award-winning performance in Return To Seoul.
The actor list includes Milo Machado Graner, who plays the visually impaired son in Justine Triet’s Anatomy of a Fall, Marc Zinga’s for his performance in Belgium’s Oscar entry Omen and Samuel Kircher for Catherine Breillat’s taboo-breaking drama Last Summer. His brother Paul Kircher is also in the selection for The Animal Kingdom.
The talents were selected by a committee of 18 French casting directors overseen by non-voting chairs, David Bertrand, who has cast many of the films of François Ozon, and Nathalie Chéron, whose recent credits include The Hunting and Hamilton.
Last year’s edition of Revelations was mired in controversy after news broke that one of its chosen talents Sofiane Bennacer had been indicted on allegations of rape and violence by four women.
The incident prompted the César Academy to introduce new protocols excluding nominees being investigated for sexual assault from its annual ceremony.
Run in partnership with fashion house Chanel, the Revelations initiative involves a photo shoot and production of a promotional film, which will be unveiled at its annual gala evening on January 15, 2024.
The participants attend the red-carpet event in the company of an established acting or directing star of their choice.
The 2024 Revelations Selection
- Suzy Bemba in Homecoming
- Céleste Brunnquell in No Love Lost
- Stéphane Caillard in Flo
- Clara Couturet in Dirty Difficult Dangerous
- Sonia Faidi in After The Flames
- Kim Higelin in Consent
- Héloïse Janjaud in Midwives
- Suzanne Jouannet in The Path Of Excellence
- Khadija Kouyaté in Midwives
- Mathilde La Musse in Comme une louve
- Rebecca Marder in Grand Expectations
- Garance Marillier in Marinette
- Park Ji-Min in Return To Seoul
- Daphné Patakia in Sur la branche
- Ella Rumpf in Marguerite’s Theorem
- Mara Taquin in The Baby
- Youssouf Abi-Ayad in You Promised Me The Sea
- Melvin Boomer in Midwives
- Julien De Saint Jean in The Lost Boys
- Alassane Diong in Father & Soldier
- Quentin Dolmaire in Fifi
- Jonathan Feltre in Rascals
- Julien Frison in Marguerite’s Theorem
- Khalil Gharbia in The Lost Boys
- Max Gomis in The Gravity
- Paul Kircher in The Animal Kingdom
- Samuel Kircher in Last Summer
- Félix Lefebvre in Nothing To Loose
- Milo Machado Graner in Anatomy Of A Fall
- Raphaël Quenard in Junkyard Dog
- Quentin Vernede in Midwives
- Marc Zinga in Omen